These are intended to be sung as complete sets, in order.
All scores in manuscript unless indicated otherwise.
- Three Shakespeare Lyrics (William Shakespeare) (1963) 4'
- Tell me where is fancy bred
- Take, O take those lips away
- When the bee sucks
- Five Humours (Thomas Dekker, John Fletcher, James Shirley) (1963) 8'
- I have twelve oxen (Anon)
- Lullaby (Dekker)
- The river-god's song (Fletcher)
- O fly, my soul (Shirley)
- Jillian of Berry (Fletcher)
- Five Elizabethan Songs
(George Peele, William Shakspeare, George Chapman, Anon) (1966) 7'
- Chop cherry (Peele)
- Full fathom five (Shakespeare)
- Where the bee sucks (Shakespeare)
- O come, soft rest of cares (Chapman)
- Hey nonny no (Anon)
- Vision of Eternity (Henry Vaughan) (1966) 12'
- Three Poems (John Drinkwater) (1975) 10'
- Five Limericks of Edward Lear (Edward Lear) (1980) 5'
- The old person of Gretna
- The old man of Melrose
- A young lady of Hull
- The old man of cape horn
- An old person of Dover
- Five Nursery Rhymes (1980) 4'
- Hey diddle diddle
- Little Miss Muffet
- A bird in the air
- Polly put the kettle on
- Three blind mice
- Three Poems (Eleanor Farjeon) (1981) 3'
- Hey! my pony
- Genesis (Geoffrey Hill) (1986) 11'
- Six Significant Landscapes (Wallace Stevens) (1986) 8'
- Six Poems (Saigyo Hoshi) (1989) 9'
- In my beat
- Mingling my prayer
- Since I am convinced
- Startled by a single scream
- Those ships which left
- Like these boats
Score in manuscript.
- The Ash Grove [arr.] (traditional) (1989) 2'